Venice Beach is a fantastic destination for summer shenanigans, with the ocean at your tip toes there is tons to do! The people of Venice range from surfer dudes to bohemian babes, you’re not hip if you don’t have a beach cruiser, a skateboard or a surf board escorting you down these streets. So with that said, the style of Venice is VERY relaxed and, of course, beach friendly. So put on your Hudson jumpsuit, your floppy hat and your fave kicks, let’s hit the beach!
1. People watching: The Sidewalk Cafe is the ultimate people watching event! Order a round and some appetizers and spend the day admiring the many interesting people of the boardwalk. Lots of weird + lots of surf = all around lots of good times on the boardwalk!
2. Poolside: For a good view with some poolside action, lounge at the Shangri-La hotel. Amazing roof action and yes, satisfaction guaranteed!
3. Block Party: Every First Friday Abbot Kinney opens all it’s doors for a day of food trucks, people watching, store browsing and art admiring.
4. Good Eats: If your looking for a cool location to rest your beach bum and enjoy some ambiance head on over to Gjelina. This is the hottest restaurant in LA right now and the food is out of this world.
5. A stroll for two: Never underestimate a good walk with great company. If you’re looking for a low key activity take a stroll along the infamous Venice Canals. Time it along with sunset and it can be quite romantic!